Nella Cucina’s Wild Mushroom Soup is the winner of the GE Monogram People’s Choice Award!
To recreate this delectable dish follow the recipe below.
Wild Mushroom Soup
¼ cup olive oil
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter (unsalted)
2 shallots – finely minced
5 cloves garlic – finely minced
3 sprigs fresh thyme – picked off the stems
1 pound cremini mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
½ pound shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
½ pound oyster mushrooms, tough ends removed and sliced
1 small package (1 oz) dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in 1 cup of boiling water, water reserved
1 small package (1 oz) dried chanterelle mushrooms rehydrated in 1 cup of boiling water, water reserved
1 ½ cups white wine
1 L vegetable stock
Salt and Pepper – to taste
2 cups heavy cream, truffle oil and chopped chives
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat, add the oil and butter. Once the butter has melted add in the shallots, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally until softened and translucent. Add in the cremini, shitake and oyster mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are softened and starting to brown.
- Pour in the white wine, using a wooden spoon scrape off any brown bits from the bottom of a pan. Bring to a boil and let reduce by half.
- Add in the porcini and chanterelle mushrooms, along with the rehydrating liquid, and the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes to allow the flavours to come together.
- Remove the soup from the heat and using a hand blender puree until smooth.
- Place the pureed soup back on low heat, stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the soup to a gentle simmer, then remove from the heat and serve garnishing with a drizzle of truffle oil and a sprinkling of chives.