This week, the Eat to the Beat team is excited to share long-time participant Preena Chauhan’s recipe for Curried Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges.
Preena Chauhan is the co-owner of Arvinda’s Healthy Gourmet Indian Cooking. Arvinda’s offers premium, all-natural Indian cooking masalas and spice blends. They aim to make Indian cooking easy, approachable and fun for everyone! Currently, Arvinda’s retail line consists of 12 products and is sold in stores in Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton and Vancouver.
Starting in the kitchen at age 5, Preena Chauhan has had an exciting life with food. In 2005, she co-founded Feeding Your Mind, a food education series, and later co-authored the Healthy Gourmet Indian Cooking cookbook. She was honoured in 2008 with the Local Food Hero award by the Toronto Food Policy Council for her work promoting local food through Arvinda’s and cooking classes that she co-leads.
Her mantra is “Why not celebrate every day with a special meal”.
Celebrate today and try a very special meal (or snack) of her Curried Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges.
Curried Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges
1 lb. organic Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. cumin & coriander powder*
1 tsp. garlic paste*
½ tsp. chili powder*
¼ tsp. turmeric powder
sea salt, to garnish
* For added flavor, substitute ingredients with 2 tbsp of Arvinda’s Curry Masala.
1. In a large pot, add potatoes, salt and cover with water. Parboil potatoes for 7-10 minutes. Potatoes should be slightly firm. Drain.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
3. In a medium bowl, mix cumin and coriander powder, garlic paste, chili powder and turmeric powder with oil. Add drained parboiled potatoes and coat with spices.
4. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Turn wedges over and bake for another 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with sea salt to taste.
6. Serve with Garam Masala Yogurt Garlic Dip.
Garam Masala Yogurt Garlic Dip
¼ cup yogurt
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ tsp. Arvinda’s Garam Masala
¼ tsp. sea salt
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, Arvinda’s Garam Masala, sea salt and crushed
garlic. Mix well and serve with Curried Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges.
Tried this recipe? Share your cooking experience with us. Comment now!